service member make changes

Can my service member make changes to my coverage?

Yes. If you have spousal coverage and you want to reduce, turn down, or cancel it:

If your service member is a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, or National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, have your service member submit your changes online through the SGLI Online Enrollment System (SOES).

To access SOES, have your service member:

Go to milConnect

Sign in.

Go to Benefits, Life Insurance SOES- SGLI Online Enrollment System to update.

Check their coverage and beneficiary info and make any needed updates.

Your service member can log in with their CAC or DS Logon using Internet Explorer as soon as they receive notice that they can start using SOES.

If your service member is part of the Public Health Service, you’ll need to fill out the Spouse Coverage Election and Certificate (SGLV 8286A) and have your service member turn it in to their unit’s personnel officer. Download the Spouse Coverage Election and Certificate (PDF) Learn more about SOES

Note: We automatically cover dependent children. This coverage can’t be turned down, reduced, or canceled.

How much will my service member pay for dependent coverage?

Nothing. We provide dependent coverage at no cost until the child is 18 years old, or sometimes longer if the child meets one of the requirements listed below.

To continue receiving dependent coverage after age 18, one of these must be true. The child:

Is a full-time student, or Becomes permanently and totally disabled—before turning 18—and can’t support themselves

2 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

When prayer works

There are different levels of happiness when it comes to your children one is the Jordan or mother feels when she has successfully raised her young man to be a real man responsible person that take ca

Open all weekend and Mondayas well.

Don't feel like you're out here alone when you need your medical supplies give us a call around the clock any time of day we will get you served at j medical

Stimulus Donation

Dont forget to continue to donate to the support of JMedical in its mission to bring relief to the people that are in need of Medical Supplies and Equipment.