Highly Rural Transportation Grants (HRTG)

Highly Rural Transportation Grants (HRTG) is a grant-based program that helps Veterans in highly rural areas travel to VA or VA-authorized health care facilities. This program provides grant funding to Veteran Service Organizations and State Veterans Service Agencies to provide transportation services in eligible counties.

What is HRTG?

Highly Rural Transportation Grants (HRTG) provide transportation programs in counties with fewer than seven people per square mile. There is no cost to participate in the program for Veterans who live in an area where HRTG is available.

Is an HRTG grantee located near me?

Below is a list of grantees and phone numbers to access transportation through each grantee. The services are available only for Veterans who live in the counties listed.

Grantee Organization NameDetailsNorth Dakota Department of Veterans Affairs

Eligible Counties: Adams, Benson, Billings, Bottineau, Bowman, Burke, Cavalier, Divide, Dickey, Dunn, Emmons, Foster, Golden Valley, Grant, Griggs, Hettinger, Kidder, Lamoure, Logan, McHenry, McIntosh, McKenzie, McLean, Mountrail, Nelson, Oliver, Pierce, Renville, Sargent, Sheridan, Sioux, Slope, Steele, Towner

Standing Rock Sioux Reservation: Sioux, Dewey, Corson, Ziebach

Call for Transportation Services: 1-800-920-9595South Dakota-American Legion Stanley Post 20Eligible Counties: Buffalo, Clark, Dewey, Hand, Hyde, Haakon, Jerauld, Jones, Kingsbury, Lyman, Miner, Potter, Sandborn, Spink, Stanley, Sully, Ziebach.Call for Transportation Services: 605-945-2360 or Toll Free at 1-877-587-5776Eligible Counties:  Butte, Custer, Fall RiverCall for Transportation Services:  605-642-6668 or Toll Free at  1-877-673-3687Washington State Department of Veterans AffairsEligible County: SkamaniaCall for Transportation Services: 509-427-3990 Eligible County: FerryCall for Transportation Services: 1-800-776-9026 or 509-684-2961Nevada Department of Veterans ServicesEligible County: ElkoCall for Transportation Services: 775-777-1428 Eligible County: NyeCall for Transportation Services: 775-572-VETS (8387)California-VFW Post 8988Eligible County: Mono, InyoCall for Transportation Services: 760-873-7850Texas Veterans CommissionEligible County: DuvalCall for Transportation Services: 361-279-6219Eligible County: HansfordCall for Transportation Services: 806-659-4100Eligible County: KimbleCall for Transportation Services: 325-396-4682Eligible County: Jim HoggCall for Transportation Services: 361-527-5845Eligible County: McMullenCall for Transportation Services: 361-279-6219Eligible County: BriscoeCall for Transportation Services: 806-823-2131Eligible County: CochranCall for Transportation Services: 806-266-5508Eligible County: KentCall for Transportation Services: 806-237-3373Eligible County: MenardCall for Transportation Services: 325-396-4682Texas-American Legion Post 142Eligible Counties: Baylor, Cottle, Foard, HardemanCall for Transportation Services: 1-800-633-0852Texas-VFW Post 7207Eligible Counties: Borden, Crane, Glasscock, Loving, Martin, Pecos, Reeves, TerrellCall for Transportation Services: 1-800-245-9028Eligible counties: Brewster, Culberson, Hudspeth, Jeff Davis, PresidioCall for Transportation Services: 1-855-879-8729

0 views0 comments